Welcome to My Fashion Life Online! This is where I post photoshoot pictures, behind the scenes footage, local press, and other fun stuff. U can also view my latest collection at www.cassiebetts.com

Saturday, March 20, 2010

LA Fashion Week's The Designer and The Muse

I was soooo excited to be invited to participate in the LA Fashion Week event The Designer and the Muse. I (along with my muse) walked the red carpet with some of LA's top designers. Many who I looked up to while I was still in school at FIDM back in 2000. I made my dress along with my Muse's dress. My muse, R&B/Pop singer Ultrami, wore a dress inspired by a Barbie dress I had whipped up one day in the studio. My niece left this naked barbie at my studio and I just decided she needed clothes. After Ultrami came into the studio to work with my husband (he is a songwriter/producer) she saw the Barbie and just fell in love with the design. She said she couldn't put it down. She was holding the Barbie while singing.
Here is a pic of the Barbie dress I made that I remade for Ultrami for The Designer and The Muse event.

Ultrami and I @ The Designer and The Muse right after walking the red carpet.

See more pics from The Designer and the Muse. 


The above was taken from the "Behind the Seams" article at www.society805.com
I was so honored to be in the same article as fashion greats such as Sue Wong. Love her!
Click here to see the full article.































Pictured here with Mikaella Khisam of Beverly Hills Times. 

more pics below by Bill R. Ware www.imageinationofbware.com









Me schmoozing with Nick Verreos of Project Runway's Season 2.
He's fun!




 A fun fact:
I was holding her dress here @ the back because I barely finished our dresses in time for the red carpet & didn't have time to put hook n eyes on the dresses....


























Another fun fact:
Ultrami had makeup all over her body so her skin would look flawless, which it does... However, right before we were to go in front of the press, makeup got on the top part of the dress! I almost spazzed out, but we got most of it out in the bathroom & it didn't show up in photos at all.
Phew!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment